Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Phillip J Bowman has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I like Dr. Bowman because he is smart and helpful. He is quite pricey, but what do you expect in Beverly Hills... I think the last comment (before this one) is a bit absurd, and frankly inappropriate. People see psychiatrists for many reasons. It doesn't mean they are at there wits end, crazy, or borderline behavior issues as the last comment implies. We choose to see the doctor for a number of reasons, and I don't know a single person that would blame their "problems" on the doctor. Dr. Bowman is a very helpful doctor, and has so far helped me with my condition.
I know Dr. Bowman personally and I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, helpful and a kind and thoughtful person. People who go to psychiatrists and psychologists are often in a very traumatic place to begin with and need to place guilt for their problems on someone. Often it is the shrink. They can't take responsibility for their actions and fob them off on others. I think a personal session with the doctor to work these issues out is always best. Bad reviews simply extend borderline behavior and don't really do any good.
Not quite sure why he got the bad reviews here. I saw him the other day and I thought he was really good. Its a vulnerable situation going to a psychiatrist. You always wonder what they really think of you. But , that shouldn't matter. What matters is if the doctor can help you. I feel he is helping me, and continuing to do so. I appreciate his knowledge of how the brain works, very much. I have faith in this doctor.
- University Of Michigan Medical School
Dr. Phillip J Bowman accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBowman Medical Group, 9777 Wilshire Blvd Ste 707, Beverly Hills, CA
Dr. Phillip J Bowman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.