Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Philip D Fitzgerald III has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
This Doctor is a solid 5 or even a 10. He is compassionate patient and smart. He is easy to talk to and he cosistantly goes goes above and beyond in his level of comprehensive care for each patient. I truly feel blessed to have him for a Physician. Not only am I one his Patient but he has cared for many of my family members and have given them the same exceptional Care. If anyone is lucky enough to have him for a Physician thank God.
Placed a call to Dr. Fitzgerald's office around 9:00 AM on Wednesday 6/3/13 and spoke with someone named Todd, who was extremely rude and unhelpful. I politely explained that I was looking for a new doctor for my elderly mother who suffers from dementia and can be hard to deal with. He just wanted to cut me off and have me go ahead and make an appt. I told him that the Doctor had been recommended by Dr. Gregory Strothman, and would he be a good fit for someone like my mother. He told me he didn't know how he practiced and said, Listen, call me back when you're ready. I was stunned and just hung up on him. He could have at least directed my call to someone who could speak to me. Dr. Fitzgerald may be a great doctor, for all I know, but I won't be calling his office again. I was hoping to speak to someone who had a little compassion for my situation, but didn't find it with Todd.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
31 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Louisville Hospital
Dr. Philip D Fitzgerald III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorton Community Medical Associates, 3 Audubon Plaza Dr Ste LL2, Louisville, KY
Dr. Philip D Fitzgerald III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.