Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Phillip E Gear Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Phillip E Gear Jr has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Phillip E Gear Jr has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Phillip E Gear Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 15
My son saw Dr. Gear from the time he was 2 until he was 18. He is a truly amazing doctor. He has treated my son for a plethora of things- from failure to thrive to asthma and everything in between. I never have had problems reaching him even during after hours. His staff is wonderful, always ready to help. Although during the last 10 years that our son saw Dr. Gear it was a long ride to see him- Central Scottsdale to Cave Creek and Tatum- I never regretted the long ride because Dr Gear is an excellent doctor with a very helpful staff, not to mention the fact that he is a remarkable human being! As one who is in the medical field myself, I recommend him very highly!
DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THIS OFFICE! My husband and myself are first time parents and were looking for a pediatrician for our first newborn visit. We came in with a few questions and were met with the worst experience ever. I was crying as we walked out. The nurse suggested that I "chew" my 3 day old daughters nails to trim them. The student Dr. Had no idea why she was doing what she was doing...she dried her hands on my baby's blanket...we NEVER spoke one on one with the dr. He sat in a chair outside our room and yelled to us as we left that her jaudunice test results would be " no news is good news". As a new parent this office and staff scared me and made me feel like a horrible mom and even having spent 25 min there. We have since found an amazing Dr. If you care for your child stay far away from this office unless you enjoy chewing your infants nails off....absolutely horrific!!
Dr. Gear has a wonderful staff and is excellent with my son. I have been taking my son to Dr. Gear since he was about 2 months old (He's now 4). He is one of the most genuine and light hearted people I have ever met.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Phillip E Gear Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsJust For Kids Pediatrics, 5501 N 19th Ave Ste 400, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Phillip E Gear Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.