Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Phillip B Plotz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Phillip B Plotz has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Phillip B Plotz has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Phillip B Plotz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My visit with Dr. Plotz was very hurried and rushed due to the closing time of his facility. I called this facility before coming in and was told that as long as I made it in before 9:00PM I would be seen. I stated that I just got off work and had poor directions and could come in the following morning if needed. I was told it was my decision and would be seen if I came in before 9:00PM. I decided to visit the facility and made it in @ 8:45PM. I was in a room within 5 minutes which was great. As soon as Dr. Plotz entered the room he looked at his watch and reminded me the staff leaves in 10 minutes. After explaining why I was there he told me to come back on his next scheduled day because time did not permit the recommended workup. I stated that I would come in the next morning and he discouraged it stating that the physician working the next day was incompetent and didn't practice good medicine. Needless to say I got no help whatsoever and feel as though my time was wasted. When I informed him of my feelings toward this visit he told me that it was my decision to do whatever to include seeking attention at some other medical facility. I have decided to take his advice and do just that.
I have had Asthma and Diabetes for the majority of my life. I have seen many good as well as bad doctors in my lifetime. Dr.Plotz is one of the best doctors I have ever had. I normally have to see many different "specialists" for different problems I may have, but I just see Dr.Plotz for everything and he is just as knowledgeable and qualified to take care of all of my needs. He treats you like you are the only patient in the building even when he has five or more people in other rooms waiting. I have never seen a doctor honestly care so much about your well-being. It is a little shocking actually. This man has nothing but good in his heart and I believe he would try to resuscitate a dead fly on a window sill if he saw one. Anybody that complains about this guy is an idiot that thinks they know better because they looked some stuff up on WebMD. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
I recently visited Dr. Plotz for care regarding an outpatient alcohol detoxification recommendation. He spent a great deal of time asking me very detailed questions regarding my use and the issues it has caused my in my life. However, I was not only impressed by his calm demeanor and insightful questions but also by the non-medical advice he provided. I left with the necessary medications to assist with my voluntary cessation of alcohol abuse but also in much better spirits due to his positive and supporting words. The prescriptions made my withdrawl symptoms very minor compared to what I've experienced before and prevented what would have been an absolute nightmare. I can't recommend Dr. Plotz enough due to the education, caring, and help that has me now well on my way to restarting a sober and successful life and career.
He has been my savior. He has saved my life on more than one occassion.
22 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1996
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Phillip B Plotz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsP B Plotz Md Pc, 699 W Tefft St Ste A, Nipomo, CA
Dr. Phillip B Plotz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nipomo, CA.