Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Phillip L Potter MD
Dr. Phillip L Potter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austell, GA, with another office in Marietta, GA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Maternal and Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Potter is affiliated with Piedmont Atlanta Hospital, Wellstar Cobb Hospital and WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Phillip L Potter has 2 locations
1700 Hospital South Dr Ste 504
Austell, GA 30106
699 Church St NE Ste 320
Marietta, GA 30060
Dr. Phillip L Potter has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Phillip L Potter has the following 3 expertise
- Genetic Counseling
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Phillip L Potter is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Rude & unprofessional
Self-verified patient of Dr. Phillip L Potter - Posted on August 12th, 2016
I immediately wrote him off as a quack because of his judgemental and rude comments. This man needs to retire and stop telling pregnant women his bigoted opinions. I wouldn't trust my life or my babies lives in the hands of this man. I will not even go to the hospitals that he is affiliated with for risk of having him as a doctor again. Steer clear.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Phillip L Potter - Posted on November 17th, 2015
grumpy old man
Self-verified patient of Dr. Phillip L Potter - Posted on November 19th, 2014
Very rude and never expected this from a doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Phillip L Potter - Posted on November 11th, 2014
RUDE! My mother was talking to him about my condition and he actually told her to "shut it" and did a closing motion with his hand. Then he gave my boyfriend and I a 15 min lecture about how we need to get married. He only talked about the actual medical issue for about 5 mins. I was very upset, especially about how he treated my mother, and I do not recommend him to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Phillip L Potter - Posted on December 20th, 2013
Dr. Potter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Louisville Hospital
Dr. Phillip L Potter Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Phillip L Potter, MD - Maternal and Fetal Medicine in Austell, GA, in this video.
Dr. Phillip L Potter is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Austell, GA.