Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Phillip J Proctor has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
Showing 5 of 8
I was referred to Dr. Proctor by an acquaintance that is a Urologist in Florida. I was experiencing frequent urination, the inability to empty by bladder and the urgency to urinate. In addition, I had experienced a recent bladder infection. My first appointment with Dr. Proctor was very thorough. He was direct and forthcoming with what steps should be taken to properly diagnosis my problem and move forward to treatment. After conducting several tests, he determined a cystoscopy was needed. The procedure was performed, during which a TURP was also completed. I am still healing and recovering from the procedures, but I am already experiencing great improvement with my symptoms. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Proctor and his wonderfuld bedside manner. He is always very attentive and never seems rushed. I would recommend him to anyone.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Proctor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Phillip J Proctor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEtwar H Mcbean Md, 1160 Varnum St NE Ste 300, Washington, DC
Dr. Phillip J Proctor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.