Dr. Phillip Scott Is this you?

1 Rating • 1 Comment

1.0

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Phillip Scott?

A Condescending...Piece of Work

Posted on July 3rd, 2014

(This was an ER visit with an ER doctor [Scott] - so most of the "experience" questions were N/A. Its too early for me to tell whether an accurate diagnosis was made - especially because no tests or imaging were done). As I can always call my doc, or return to the ER, if necessary - my main complaint was this doctor's manner of approach, and handling of me. First, he came at me like I was a retarded 3 yr. old. I mean that, literally. It was a deliberate, transparent veneer of exaggerated and disingenuous...kindness, if that's the word. Cocking his head, taking my hand, and using drawn out speech. He was overtly patronizing. Then he flipped a switch, and proceeded to examine me insensitively, like I was just another head in a herd of cattle. Whose pain, he could care less about. I had slipped in the tub, and broke some glass with my head; half of my body hit and folded, hard and unnaturally. So while it was tolerable if I kept certain positions - I was in a lot of pain, esp. if I stayed in one position to long, or moved wrong (which was easy to do). But he had no patience for that, and kept ordering me to stop moving, etc. All I was trying to do, was get in a more bearable position so I COULD be still. And I couldn't help flinching because I was in pain. When testing balance, I know they give little shoves - but he did it like he enjoyed it, to the point where I was a hair's breadth from shoving him back. Then he makes a snarky comment on my shoes, like I came in on stilettos. They were sensible shoes, with a modest wide pump; and they were what I had that day. I wasn't coming from home. Also, most of my pain was from waist to head, and aside from a slight limp - walking in them wasn't bothersome. It did bother me a little, that they did no imaging of my head. I was told at first, they'd probably want to do that; but he overrode it. I have a history of TBI's, and Dr. Scott himself, said I had a subdural hematoma - but I guess that wasn't good enough reason. Then there were the meds. Aside from the fact that no relief was offered, while there - all I wanted, was to be able to sleep that night and function the next day, as I needed to. I told him this. I was all jammed up, and needed something for pain, and to relax my muscles. Yet once again, he treats me like a child - telling me that I'm going to be in some pain, and he can't take it all away. Like I didn't know that! Really?! I wanted badly, to tell him off at this point - but was too busy hurting. I can't stand doctors who behave like this. Wearing a white coat, with letters behind your name - doesn't make you an entitled, special subset of the species; or the rest of us, dumb animals. Neither does it give you license to treat people any kind of way. Treat me like the intelligent, grown-... woman, that I am; and have some respect! Seriously - it's all I ask.