Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Phillip A Shriver has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I think Dr. Shriver is a wonderful physician, thorough and has a kind bedside manner. He reviews your case and decides what treatments are necessary. The downside is the clinic scheduling, meaning if you have multiple problems he can only see you for one problem at a time and you have to make additional appointments for other concerns you may have. This is the policy of his clinic in where he practices which only allows 15 minutes per patient per problem.
I went to Dr. Shriver for over a year and he was an amazing Doctor. He always listened to me and would explain everything in full. He has a great bedside manner and is always very kind. He never makes you feel like he has to run off to another room. If you need him for 30 min. he would stay and talk. He was the only doctor I have ever been to that I felt was really trying to help me. I no longer live in Colorado Springs and the one thing I miss the most is the fact I had a wonderful doctor. I would recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Shriver is an amazing family doctor. His staff is very courteous and the facilities are amazing with an onsite lab. Dr. Shriver takes the time to get to know you and diagnose you correctly. He is caring kind and encouraging. He always takes the time to review each message left for him and calls back himself. He also calls to make sure everything is going well after a tough time. I have been seeing him for about 4 years now and I could not imagine having another primary care physician.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Locations & Directions
Dr. Phillip A Shriver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.