Dr. Phillip Cohen Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Phillip Cohen?

Posted on June 14th, 2017

Dr. Cohen is a compassionate wonderful doctor!

Posted on November 30th, 2016

The worst Doctor on this earth!!! Stay far away!!!!

AVOID AT ALL COST!!! JUST A PERSCRIPTION WRITING MEDI-CAL $$$ TAKING LOSER!!!!

Posted on October 14th, 2016

WORST EVER PHYSCHIATRIST!!! WHEN YOU ARE REACHING OUT FOR HELP THIS IDIOT IS THE MOST UNCOMPASSIONATE DOCTOR. ALL HE DOES IS WRITE PERSCRIPTIONS AND THROWS YOU OUT THE DOOR.

In and out

Posted on January 5th, 2016

It was easy and he was awesome. Got me in and out and the help I needed

Posted on December 10th, 2015

spent 8 minutes with me ask 4 questions and wrote prescription for super strong medication,.......!!!!!

Posted on October 19th, 2015

Dependable, logical advice. He worked with me through my time of depression. Very helpful with family dynamics.

Intelligent, Professional and Patient

Posted on September 15th, 2015

When I initially read through some of the reviews below, I was a bit hesitant to meet Dr. Cohen. When I met him today, I found Dr. Cohen to be intelligent, professional and very patient. Yes, the waiting room was a bit small - but once in his office, I felt very much welcome, not rushed and reassured. Dr. Cohen's may not be as warm and fuzzy as some want (his job is not to act as a psychologist - but rather to help one more forward medically with their mental issues and struggles) but if you want a doctor who is interested in helping you understand your condition medically, then he is highly recommended. He is, in fact, the first psychiatrist who actually took the time to get to know me, understand my needs and make me feel welcome. I'm not sure I understand where these negative reviews are coming from. Take the reviews with a grain of salt and make your own decision.

Stay away

Posted on September 1st, 2014

This "Dr" never even spoke to the patient worse yet he never took any type of medical background. He just threw a prescription at mom and threw us out the door in less than 10 minutes. He Was not interested in hearing what was working or what was not. He told us everything we were doing was not working which was not true. My child had severe side effects due to the dosage of medication prescribed by Mr. Cohen. I called him on a weekend and did not get a call back until business hours on Monday. After speaking with the parents of other children my child's age I found out that Mr Cohen prescribed 4 times the average starting dose than their kids were taking in the beginning. In my opinion you are risking your child's health and safety if you go to this man. No reputable doctor prescribes medication without at least knowing the patients medical history.

I recommend Dr Cohen...

Posted on April 6th, 2013

Loved Dr Cohen...I found him to be intuitive and he has a great sense of humor. If you want an intelligent, witty, doctor that cuts through the bull...., I recommend Dr Cohen. He returns phone calls promptly and his office staff is courteous.

Different experience than the others

Posted on May 31st, 2012

I did not have the same experience as the others that have commented. Initially, I did feel that Dr. Cohen was not very warm upon meeting him the first time. In fact, my son (12) and I kind of laughed when he walked out of the room and said to each other sarcastically, "Well HE'S friendly." (Because he was definitely lacking in greeting skills!) But then when we met with him we got a different feel. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and encouraging. Should he have taken more history? Definitely. But I felt that we really trusted my judgment and take on my son's symptoms, behaviors, etc. Is he the best doctor I've ever seen? No. But finding a decent child psychiatrist is near impossible so we're sticking with Dr. Cohen.

Awful - for adults and adolescents

Posted on November 30th, 2011

That's all I can say. With so many choices out there, why make your life even more miserable? It's your mental health after all.

This doctor needs counseling

Posted on May 31st, 2011

There was another person in these ratings whose story paralels mine; degenerative spinal disease, pain control meds and AA. I was made to feel more like I was on trial and presumed guilty than visiting a doctor. I was allowed little to say. He spent ten minutes berating me, telling me everything was my fault and I had to quit all medications immediately. This guy (I hesitate to call him a doctor) is a menace to people who may need medical help. I am afraid if allowed to continue practice that he will drive some poor weak willed person to suicide. He is pedantic, self centered and arrogant. He does not follow the sworn doctors code of ethics and should have his license revoked.