Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Phillip Zaret
Dr. Phillip Zaret, DO is a Doctor primarily located in La Mirada, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Zaret is affiliated with St. Jude Medical Center, Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital and Lakewood Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Phillip Zaret has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 29
Phillip Zaret will listen; however, he is always in a rush. Maybe it's Obama-care pressure for all the patients he has today - much better a couple of years ago. His staff is incompetent. Getting authorizations for even an x-ray takes weeks...even more than a month. I had to get involved to get things done. The system is still using fax machines. Again, this could be a reflection of the patient load which looks heavy to me; regardless, customer service is very low. Finally, the offices are old and carpets dirty. Time to renovate.
I had NOTHING BUT DRAMA AND RUDENESS FROM STAFF. It is always a hurry up process when I go to see him. The doctor barely takes any time in listening to what I have to say. And. Getting a referral is a lost cause. Nice guy but maybe he is overlooked by his staff. Or is just trying to cash in on as many patients as he can. Only good thing that's a positive is I can get any prescription I want ...lol
I've been with Dr. Zaret for a very long time. He's awesome. Unfortunately his staff is no where near. Without his knowledge, the front desk girls are beyond rude & unprofessional. I've NEVER seen them do a single thing except sit and gossip in Spanish about us (the patients), right in front of our faces. They're assumption that someone isn't bilingual because they're blonde is a big mistake. I'm sick of being treated badly because of my race and I'm DONE dealing with it. I'm going to report all of their actions to the doctor this Monday and hope I don't have to take legal action against them. This all is so sad, when the doctor is the good one.
I been seeing with Dr. Zaret since 1991. He has treated me and my wife as if he was treating a family memeber. His staff is always helpful and they try to fit us in his schedule with little to no wait whenever possible. We drive almost 100 miles to see him as we trust him to care for us and provide us with the best of care.
Dr. Zaret is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Jude Medical Center
Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital
Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Whittier Hospital Medical Center
Antelope Valley Hospital
ST Mary Medical Center CHW
St Jude Medical Center, Fullerton, California
Western Med Ctr Santa Ana
Providence Holy Cross M.C. PHS
Children`s Hospital of L.A.
32 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Phillip Zaret accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichael's Medical Group, 15090 Imperial Hwy, La Mirada, CA
Dr. Phillip Zaret is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mirada, CA.