Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Phyllis Armstead-Baez has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 8
I'm not sure whats going on but this DR is impossible to get in touch with! She went from being open 4 days A week to 1 day 5-9pm? I'm not sure whats going on with her but it looks like she is in crisis mode right now. Her machine is telling her patients that she will refill rx long enough for you ( the pt) seek treatment elsewhere.... The last time I spoke to her last month after many attempts to get in touch with her when she did call me back she wrote the rx for the wrong person! I would not reccomend this dr to anyone.....
I have called this doctor several times during two weeks and not one single phone call back. There is only one girl that works for her that seems to be always busy doing absoluty noting... And when u do get to see the doctor re like what meds do u need?? She then writes the percription then off u go.
After months of dealing with major depresion, I was so grateful when I called Dr. Armstead at Triangle Medical Services and received an appointment the very next day. The doctor was kind and encouraging, she seemed to be efficient in her abilities so I trused her and looked forward to her helping me get back on track. Dr. Armstead promised to take care of any paperwork I needed to get time off from work to allow the meds to take effect. I was told to call in 1 week when the notes from my appt would be transcribed and she would fax them for me, she also scheduled a follow up appt for 2 weeks later. I called as instructed but was then told that Dr. Armstead no longer worked at the clinic, didn't come in to deliver her patient notes or advise her patients where to see her or refer them to another doctor. Now my job denied my short term disability, my days out of work are uncovered and I may lose my job. Just when I thought things were going to get better they got 360 degrees worse. I don't understand how doctors get to do this.
26 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Phyllis Armstead-Baez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Phyllis Armstead-Baez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dunn, NC.