Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Phyllis D Hursey
Dr. Phyllis D Hursey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lincoln City, OR, with other offices in Salem, OR and Battle Ground, WA . She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hursey is affiliated with Salem Hospital. Dr. Hursey has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Phyllis D Hursey has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Phyllis D Hursey has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Phyllis D Hursey has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 40
Shows up late to office, hours after scheduled appointments. Wait times are always hours upon hours. Be prepared to spend the majority of your day waiting on her to see you. If you are scheduled for an appointment you will be seen hours later. This happens everytime my fiance goes to his appointments!!! She is NEVER on time! !!!!
Agree with other reviews. The office manager is horrible and rude. The wait times are ridiculous, commonly over 2 hours from start to finish. The office has overcharged patients and prefers to take large cash payments and not bill insurance. It is a shady place but they think they can get away with poor customer service since they serve people with low incomes and people with addictions. They claim to be an office with a Christian mission statement but other than over hearing a lot of praying, the office doesn't really seem very Christian.Dr. Hursey is professional and respectful. In my opinion it is the office manager that is the problem with this office. Stay clear of this place if at all possible!!!!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Hursey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Phyllis D Hursey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Phyllis D Hursey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lincoln City, OR.