More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pierre Durand Jr MD
Dr. Pierre Durand Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Pierre Durand Jr has the following 3 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Pierre Durand Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Pierre Durand Jr - Posted on January 14th, 2015
Doctor Durand presents himself as a very knowledgable, friendly and concerned doctor. He listens to his patients and does his best to resolve the problem and relieve the pain. He gives suggestions and follows up with his patients to ensure that they are getting better. He has a great bedside manner and I have recommended him to several of my friends.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Pierre Durand Jr - Posted on October 1st, 2013
Great doctor but the wait time is crazy. I always end up waiting over an hour. I have called when I was in a lot of pain too, almost went to the ER and the staff said that they would call me to let me know if a prescription was called in and I never heard so I called the pharmacy to find out and it wasn't even a prescription for pain. The doctor is super nice and spends plenty of time with you and answers all of your questions though, just bring a good book to read while you wait.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Pierre Durand Jr - Posted on March 18th, 2010
Saw Dr. Durand for hip and knee problem. Found him to be friendly, able to listen, good at explaining, helpful, and promptly diagnosed my issues. I did not feel rushed. Office staff was friendly, but slightly less than top professional, certainly acceptable. Only waited 5 mins past my appt time.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Pierre Durand Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & DirectionsDAHMS DURAND PATTEE AND VERCILLO, 375 Rolling Oaks Dr Ste 200, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Pierre Durand Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.