Dr. Pierre Gagnon Is this you?

3.4

Wellness

I have noticed in reviews for Dr. Gagnon that some of his patients have failed to make a commitment to their health and proceed to what is a vigorous task. Diet, supplements and exericise all contribute to his plan. There is not a "quick fix" for most of the illnesses he treats. All I can really say is that he took a very sick patient and made me better for which I will always be grateful.

Outdated facilities with unhygienic appearance, overcharged, and poor billing choices

I went to Dr. Gognan for an allergy appointment because he was in network and had an appointment time that met my schedule needs. First and foremost, there was no air conditioning in his office on a 90 degree day. It was an absolutely miserable experience. The facilities are not in line with what I would expect at a medical practice, and all of the instrumentation and equipment in the doctor's office appeared to be from the 1950s. As for the appointment, they basically charged me to diagnose that I did indeed have some form of allergies and would need to come back for an actual test at another date. I did not go back for the testing, and found out from other allergists that it is standard practice to actually do the testing at the same time as the initial diagnoses. Bottom line, Dr. Gognan was going to charge me for two appointments instead of one at a cost that was nearly double what the other allergists I eventually went to for testing charged (I might add the other allergist had modern facilities and hygienic looking equipment). Finally, they only accept cash or checks so I could not use my HSA debit card. Poot experience all around. Look elsewhere.

terrible

Either his English isn't that great or he just doesn't bother to listen. Clearly pushing his own unique approach and clinic (allergy shots), ignored my statement that I had had shots, since I hadn't had them with HIS clinic. Only wanted me to buy what he was selling.

It was a very nice visit

Customer Service Doesn't Exist

Dr. Gagnon is a very caring and outside the box doctor. His staff on the other hand are extremely rude and don't understand the concept of customer service. Their office closes from 1-2:30 for lunch. I recently called and said I would more than likely make it at exactly 1 as a heads up and could they possibly wait 1-2 minutes if I missed a light. I arrived at 12:57 (cell phones don't lie) and the office was already closed. Apparently they made sure to get out of the building before I arrived. After 3 years of loyalty, I'll be finding myself an allergist with a more curteous office.

Dr. Gagnon is Horrible

Dr. Gagnon is a horrible doctor. He does not advertise that he is an "alternative medicine" doctor until you are at your appointment. He thinks mainstream medicine is bad and tries to push his "vitamins" on you. He really is more of a salesman for vitamins than a doctor. In fact, I believe you could go in with a severed limb and he would suggest "vitamins" to fix the problem. Be very wary of this doctor.