Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Piers Blackett
Dr. Piers Blackett, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK, with another office in Oklahoma City, OK. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatrics. Dr. Blackett is affiliated with OU Medical Center and Childrens Hosp Of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Ok. He speaks English.
Dr. Piers Blackett has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Growth Disorders
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Blackett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
OU Medical Center
Childrens Hosp Of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Ok
46 Years Experience
University Of Cape Town
Graduated in 1967
Dr. Piers Blackett accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Piers Blackett in this video.
Dr. Piers Blackett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.