Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pietro Poletti
Dr. Pietro Poletti, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakewood, WA, with another office in Mount Vernon, WA. He has 56 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry. Dr. Poletti is affiliated with Madigan Army Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Pietro Poletti has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Psychology
A psychologist is someone who specializes in the study of the mind, as well as human behavior. Psychologists sometimes focus on certain types of people or certain age ranges. Commonly you might find a child psychologist, school psychologist or clinical psychologist to name a few. There are many reasons why someone would see a psychologist including PTSD, issues with self esteem, OCD, alcoholism, ADD and more.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Pietro Poletti has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Pietro Poletti has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
I have been treated all my adult life by many different psychiatric doctors, and by and far dr. Poletti rates the highest. He is well informed on new medicines, and he treats his patients with the utmost respect. He does not patronize you.. He listens, and makes you feel like your life matters. My only wish, is that I had found him years ago, and then the quality of my life would have been much much improved. He is the best.
Doctor Poletti is a very dangerous psychiatrist. He is approximately 84 years old and is very behind the times regarding current medications. He tried to pull me off 2 medications cold turkey. I spoke with my pharmacist who became my temporary doctor" until I could be seen elsewhere. You're much better off and safer seeing a general practioner until you can find a good psychiatrist. I cannot stress enough how dangerous Doctor Poletti is.
Dr. Poletti is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Madigan Army Medical Center
56 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Milano
Graduated in 1957
Central State Hospital
Dr. Pietro Poletti accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Pietro Poletti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, WA.