Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pilarita G Espinosa
Dr. Pilarita G Espinosa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Espinosa is affiliated with Presence St Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Division St Campus and Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. Dr. Espinosa has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Pilarita G Espinosa has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 19
She has been my daughters' doctor for three years now. She misdiagnosed them several times, including the last one in which, after looking at my daughter for less than 5 minutes she prescribed antibiotics without any tests. My daughter's condition worsened and I had to take her to the hospital, where they told me to immediately stop the antibiotics because she had a severe viral infection. Dr. Espinosa is a decent human being, but a dismissive doctor. On top of that the average wait in the past three years has been of at least 45 min. This is the first review of a doctor I have ever written, but I would like to prevent others from having the same problems.
my husband and i went to dr. espinosa for the first time to be treated for mouth infections. despite a long list of symptoms, some of which were clearly visible, she told us (after a 2-sec glance at our mouths) that we were healthy and that "sometimes when people think they are sick they feel sick". she sent us for blood tests that would not have detected an infection such as ours and refused to take swab samples or do further testing because "a disease does not exist for the type of symptoms you are claiming you have". she was very aggressive, was a bad listener, was rude and accused two young and otherwise healthy people who hardly ever seek medical care of being hysterical hypochondriacs. my brother, sister and father are all doctors. my mother is a nurse. i've spent a lot of time in and around the medical community and have never had such a terrible experience with a doctor in my entire life.
Dr. Espinosa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Elyria Memorial Hospital
Dr. Pilarita G Espinosa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEspinosa Medical Services Ltd, 2800 N Sheridan Rd Ste 602, Chicago, IL
Dr. Pilarita G Espinosa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.