More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pippa Abston has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
It is was bad experience That Dr.Abston is a doctor for my son who is 13 months old. From my experience she is never qualify to be in this position . My son has a fever , his temperature was almost 103 F. he was very sick .I never sleep until morning ..I called UAB pediatric to ask for an appointment ,I asked if it is possible to schedule appointment as early as possible ..but I could not get appointment before 11:00 AM ..I have no choice so I confirmed the appointment.Dr Abston called me a few minutes later and told me "WE NEVER TREAT FEVER ....IT IS NOT DANGEROUS EVEN 106!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ,Im not sure if she was drunk!!!! Also ,she told me you can go to the emergency !!!!!or wait till 3:30 PM!!!! She cancel my appointment ...I Don't know if she is really concern about patients!!!! I just want to share this ,not because of I have any thing against Dr.Abston ...My goal is just to help others to avoid wrong choice... My advice to all: DON'T SELECT DR.ABSTON .
Dr Abston is always happy when she walks into the room! She is breastfeeding friendly, intact friendly and knowledgeable, and natural parenting friendly! I can tell she really loves her job and devotes a lot of time to keeping up with the new information that may be out there. She is open minded about everything and truly has the best interest of children at heart. We love Dr Abston!
Dr. Abston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Greenville Memorial Medical Center
20 Years Experience
University of South Alabama
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Pippa Abston accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions301 Governors Dr SW, Huntsville, AL
Dr. Pippa Abston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.