Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pirooz S Mofrad
Dr. Pirooz S Mofrad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Silver Spring, MD, with another office in Washington, DC. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Mofrad has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Pirooz S Mofrad has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Pirooz S Mofrad has the following 8 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Catheter Ablation
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Pirooz S Mofrad has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Pirooz S Mofrad is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
After I wound up in the emergency room with severe atrial fibrillation and nearly died, I was referred to Dr. Mofrad who diagnosed that I had an extra pathway in my heard called Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome. He sucessfully eliminated it with an ablation. He followed up with thorough and additional tests to make sure I had no other problems. I had had this for years since I was a child and had told other docs about my episodes of rapid and thumping heart rate and no one ever thought I might have a heart rhythm problem!! Dr. Mofrad is now my cardiologist and the one I will be checking in with for years to come. I recommend him highly. Aside from being a great doc he is very nice and easy going to work with and very accomodating of the patient's views.
Dr. Mofrad is professional and caring of his patients. Couldn't of asked for a better heart doctor. He took excellent care of me.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
18 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Pirooz S Mofrad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pirooz S Mofrad in this video.
Dr. Pirooz S Mofrad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.