Dr. Piyush Kumar Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Piyush Kumar?

Colonoscopy Patient

Posted on March 31st, 2014

Dr. Kumar and his staff helped make this procedure a better experience. Highly recommend gastro health in Encinitas.

Don't plan to return to this physician

Posted on February 21st, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kumar by my internist when I had unusual symptoms. After several visits (mostly with the nurse practitioners), a routine colonoscopy and numerous tests--which came out negative--I was not offered further help. The symptoms continued and interferred with my life and travel. In desperation, I sought advice from another specialist who prescribed the needed medication that gave me my life back. I would not recommend Dr. Kumar other than for routine colonoscopies. His staff was nice, helpful, and courteous except for one receptionist.

Do not go to this doctor.

Posted on January 7th, 2012

Dr. Kumar runs a colonoscopy factory. That's how he makes his money, and that is all that he cares about. If you need an actual doctor with an actual bedside manner, someone who will communicate with you and listen to you, then I suggest you run - don't walk - to a different office and a different doctor.

Posted on December 7th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Kumar for the last 15yrs. He is very thorough and empathic

A great gastroenterologist.

Posted on August 1st, 2011

I receive a colonoscopy from Dr. Kumar every 5 years and have always had a pleasant experience even though, like most people, I dread the procedure because of the crap you have to drink the day before. YUCK!

The nurse practitioner should probably take over

Posted on February 26th, 2011

Basically, I've seen Dr. Kumar only a single time, despite numerous visits. Booking an appointment gets you time with the nurse practitioner, which isn't all bad, because unlike Dr. Kumar, she actually does the job of taking care of patients. Dr. Kumar on the other hand will perform procedures only.After being diagnosed and treated for UC by a competent doctor previously in another state, I needed a GI specialist in the San Diego area, so I ended up with Dr. Kumar. The first thing he wanted to do, of course, since I had insurance, was give me a colonoscopy so he could see for himself. At the time, I was symptom free, and Dr. Kumar reported I had no traces of UC, so I wasn't prescribed the medicine to keep me in remission. Months later, my symptoms reappeared, and before he would prescribe me the medicine that had worked fine before, I had a Sigmoidoscopy. At this time, Dr. Kumar told me I had some other problem that wasn't UC, but remained adamant that I did not have UC, so I was given some other medicine. Taking this medicine only made the problem worse, so I went back to the office after doing research on my own symptoms clearly still being UC and insisted with the nurse practitioner that I still had UC, and I needed the usual medicine for it. She complied, and for a while I have been using the office only to get refills on the medicine I need to keep the symptoms at bay, but have avoided Dr. Kumar directly, because he obviously doesn't know what he's doing, nor does he care.

Posted on November 9th, 2010

This doctor came into my hospital room, I told him I did not need his service and then billed my insurance company $350.00. Unbelievable !!!

Never use this doctor!

Posted on August 11th, 2010

Dr. Kumar has a horrible bedside manner. He does not care about his patients, and just wants to cycle them through as fast as possible. He did not look at my medical records, and did not listen to my history as I tried to fill him in right before my colonoscopy procedure. He asked me if I wanted an oral scope right as I was going under the anesthesia! He asked MY opinion??? I started to discuss it but was put under anesthesia and didn't end up getting the scope that I needed. What a doctor! He criticized me for calling with questions when I had complications from the cleansing process because his staff misled me. I do not trust this physician.

Posted on February 22nd, 2016