Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pleas R Copas Jr
Dr. Pleas R Copas Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Copas is affiliated with University Of Tennessee Medical Center. Dr. Copas has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Pleas R Copas Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Copas did not show any empathy when working with me on an incredibly sensitive topic. He made me feel rushed, and whenever he gave me the news of my diagnosis- looked at me as if I was dumb when I began asking questions. I am an intelligent person, a PhD graduate actually, and I was incredibly offended by his practice. I honestly could not believe it. I asked him for alternative pharmaceutical medication sources and he laughed a little and continued to write the prescription as he saw fit. I just received some of the worst news of my life and felt as though I was being sifted through a cattle call versus being treated like an individual. I also asked him to do an additional test just to give myself a peace of mind and he said no, no need. I will be going to a different doctor from here on out. I left in tears.
I would never recommed Dr. Copas. He assured me that a type of mesh surgery would "fix" my problem. After he performed surgery and I was released from his care I was still having the same problem. When I went back to complain that I was still having the same problem, Dr Copas stormed out of out of the room and stated that he had fixed it! I made an appt with a Dr @Ft.Sanders that did an additional surgery to extend the mesh that Dr. Copas had put in to fix the problem. The mesh that Dr. Copas put in stopped just shy of fixing the problem.......So no I would never send anyone to Ples Copas, MD
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Copas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Tn Grad School Of Medicine
Locations & DirectionsWomens Care Group, 1932 Alcoa Hwy Ste 150, Knoxville, TN
Dr. Pleas R Copas Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.