Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Polly Schmidt
Dr. Polly Schmidt, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Chesterfield, MI. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with POH Medical Center, Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals and Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Polly Schmidt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 8
Went to this Doctor complaining of symptoms all related to an autoimmune disorder. I wanted a full physical She said I have pink eye and need to see a foot doctor. She gave me the impression she could careless and sent me on my way. I explain my symptoms to my Gynocolgist, he sent me to a rheumatogist. I do have an autoimmune disease. Save yourself suffering and see someone who cares.
Went to this doc complaining of heart related problems..ordered the minimum (halter monitor) and no other tests. I have a family history ,very bad sleep apnea, and I am overweight, nothing further was done when the heart monitor didnt catch anything. I have a history of anxiety disorder..complained about the meds as they were not effective and causing weight gain...she would not prescribe anything and sent me along on a expensive psychiatry route, probably better as she seems to be suspicious that I may be a drug seeker, which I am not. I am switching to another clinic, wishing I did not have an HMO as they seem to attract poor service and suspicious Docs.
Dr. Schmidt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
POH Medical Center
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
24 Years Experience
A.T. Still University - Kirksville
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Polly Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions32901 23 Mile Rd, Chesterfield, MI
Dr. Polly Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterfield, MI.