Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ponniah Mohan has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
BEFORE I START I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT HE'S ONLY GETTING 1 STAR BECAUSE I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO RATE HIM SOMETHING IN ORDER TO POST A REVIEW. BUT HE REALLY DESERVES NO STARS.My son was going to Dr. Mohan since he was 1wk old. I had so many visits him this doctor because my newborn son would vomit forcefully all the time and would also be constipated! :( this doctor told me it was normal to give him juice @ 1 month and to put suppositories up his bum! Me being a first time mom I did what the doc told me to until I seen how uncomfortable it made my baby. I went back to him time and time again asking questions and he just seemed not to care too much and would always say it's normal and would act like I was just an over exaggerate first time mom I even told him to give me a referral to take my baby in for a ultra sound and he would say that my baby was fine. My family told me to take him to get a 2nd opinion and I did so by this time he was 3 1/2 months. His new doctor DR.BENEJAM was extremely worried and didn't like the fact that I had gave my son juice and suppositories at such a young age. He sent me to childrens hospital that same day for an ultra sound and right away he was diagnosed with pyloric stenosis and was getting surgery the following morning. I was soooo sad and upset that my baby had this and that it wasn't caught during his first weeks like its usually caught. I was sad that my son had to go almost four months dealing with constipation, forceful vomitting, and with just feeling uncomfortable all the time. I called DR.MOHAN'S office days after my sons surgery to tell the nurse or whoever she was if she could let the dr know that my son would no longer be a patient of his and told her the story and all she had to say was OKAY! Omg I couldn't believe I was taking my son to dr.Mohan for as long as I was. Please don't take your child or children to this non caring place!
I have known Dr. Mohan for 20 years now. He has been my doctor since the day I was born. I have a 10 month old child and she is now one of his patients. Our entire family loves Dr. Mohan!! And I wish he could be around forever! If you are extremely sick and you call in to the office they will make room for you to come in that day! They are all about the patients feelings there and I wouldn't have anyone else be my daughters doctor. HE IS A 5 STAR PEDIATRICIAN!!
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Ponniah Mohan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPonniah Mohan Md, 6255 N Fresno St Ste 106, Fresno, CA
Dr. Ponniah Mohan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.