Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pooja S Pothiwala
Dr. Pooja S Pothiwala, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Venice, FL, with other offices in Venice, FL and Venice, FL . She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pothiwala has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Pooja S Pothiwala has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Pooja S Pothiwala has the following 15 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Metabolic Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
Dr. Pooja S Pothiwala has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Not only is she the best in town, but my son at 23 also developed the same disease. Upon calling office, explaining the emergency, she did not hesitate to see him right away and I credit her with possibly saving his life when recognizing it was an emergency. Even though booked full, she made the time to see him immediately. She is the best doctor in town. Listens to everything you say.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
19 Years Experience
Smt Nhl Municipal Medical College
Graduated in 1999
University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
Dr. Pooja S Pothiwala accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Pooja S Pothiwala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Venice, FL.