Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Poonam G Agarwal
Dr. Poonam G Agarwal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Agarwal is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen. Dr. Agarwal has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Poonam G Agarwal has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Poonam G Agarwal has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 33
Dr. Agarwal is very rude, rushing to patients. I did my CT and MRI and in between switch to new Dr., She refused to explain and asked me to go new doctor. She wrote me blood pressure monitor prescription and refused to co-operate with pharmacy. Her staff had been trained to be rude too.
I am so distressed by the reviews I'm reading on this site! Dr Agarwal is a very thorough, knowledgeable, and caring Doctor. What I suspect people are complaining about is that she doesn't let you kid yourself about your responsibility to take care of your health. If you need to lose weight, exercise, or quit drinking/smoking, she will tell you outright, with no sugar coating, that you are shortening your life and you need to stop. She challenged me to lose weight and begin exercising. Some would say she was rude about it but she knew that was the only way to get my attention. I have lost 35 pounds and follow a daily exercise routine because of Dr Agarwal and I have never felt better. She takes her responsibility to save your life very seriously and I know when I walk into her office that I could not be in better hands. I was only 52 when she diagnosed me with early heart disease and I required 2 stints. I am one of those females that had absolutely no symptoms. Dr Agarwal saved my life.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Agarwal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Poonam G Agarwal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPoonam Goyal Agarwal Md, 4104 W 15th St Ste 201, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Poonam G Agarwal in this video.
Dr. Poonam G Agarwal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.