Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Poornima Rao MD
Dr. Poornima Rao, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Canonsburg, PA. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rao is affiliated with Allegheny General Hospital, UPMC Passavant and UPMC St Margaret. She speaks English.
Dr. Poornima Rao has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Poornima Rao has the following 19 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Growth Disorders
- Pregnancy Complications
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Poornima Rao - Posted on May 20th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Poornima Rao - Posted on August 4th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Poornima Rao - Posted on December 22nd, 2010
Dr. Rao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Francis Medical Center
Dr. Poornima Rao Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & DirectionsCENTER FOR DIABETES & ENDOCRINE HEALTH, 1900 Waterdam Plaza Dr Ste 3, Canonsburg, PA
Dr. Poornima Rao is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Canonsburg, PA.