Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Poorvi V Patel has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Poorvi V Patel has the following 9 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Poorvi V Patel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 51
I found the doctor was very kind to my child. She spoke to her in calm, reassuring tones; however, I question her blanket denial of certain diagnoses and a lack of personal attention to her hygiene was a bit disturbing. She appeared unkempt, her lab coat was stained and appeared to not have been washed for some time. My daughter had a previous diagnosis from one of Dr. Patels colleagues at her practice. Without any actual testing,Dr. Patel refused to accept the diagnosis her own colleague had arrived at and insisted this could not be correct. She failed to consult her colleague or offer any testing to confirm or deny her conjecture. We will have to seek another doctor to treat my child.
When Dr. Patel wanted to check out my child's muscle tone, she didn't sit him on a table and hit his knee with a little mallet; she got on the floor with him and hopped like a bunny so he would do the same thing. When she interviewed me, she used one sheet of paper, divided into quarters or sixths, and jotted little notes as we talked. When her report was done, I was amazed at how well she remembered all of the details about my son's issues, his family system, and progress in school. I really like Dr. Patel.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center
Dr. Poorvi V Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Josephs Regionnal Medical Center Pediatrics, 11 Getty Ave, Paterson, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Poorvi V Patel, MD - Pediatrics in Paterson, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Poorvi V Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paterson, NJ.