Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Prabhu K Potluri has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
This MD was the anesthesiologist when I had major foot surgery a couple of years ago. Prior to the surgery, he asked me if I had any health problems...I had spent a lot of time on the phone the previous day answering all of those questions so he had that in front of him. I had also answered those questions previously for my foot surgeon. This anesthesiologist just didn't want to look. But, I told him that I had thyroid problems and that I had just had some thyroid labs done (at the same hospital where I was having this surgery) and the lab results were backed and showed my T3 level was slightly high. I know that they have the ability to pull up those results on computer and look at them, so I suggested that he do that...and that he not give me anything that would make my heart race and give me a heart attack. I was not the least bit nervous about the surgery, but he kept insisting that I "looked nervous." And, therefore, he gave me "something to calm me down." Those types of medications always make me VERY nauseated, and that was the case again. My foot surgeon did a major surgery (2 procedures) on my foot (total operating time was 45 minutes), but my recovery took over 2 hours because I was so nauseated from the drugs the anesthesiologist had INSISTED upon giving me! But, doctor knows best...NOT! This was quite a complex surgery, but it was still done as an outpatient procedure...the worst part was the anesthesia.
24 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Prabhu K Potluri accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAmerican Anesthesiologist, 2341 McCallie Ave Ste 402, Chattanooga, TN
Dr. Prabhu K Potluri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.