Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pradeep P Mammen has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Pradeep P Mammen has the following 15 expertise
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
Dr. Pradeep P Mammen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
This physician is supposed to deal with cardiac issues due to Neuromuscular Diseases and disabilities. We have seen Cardiology physicians at major hospitals around DFW that are designated heart hospitals. (Baylor, Medical City Dallas, etc.) This physician seems extremely laid back and not pro-active when there is a life threatening issue going on with the heart. All other heart specialists have given the same treatment format which is surgery and medications to prevent a cardiac event such as cardiac arrest. This physician is supposedly well known, yet other physicians at hospitals in the area have never heard of him. I do not like going to UT Southwestern at all but a friend who works there asked around and was given this name. We went and I would not recommend him to anyone. He seems to take advantage and not care what other physicians have suggested as a treatment. The other physicians seen were far more experienced but we thought we would give him a try since he is supposed to specialize with these type of problems. I suggest everyone steer clear of this physician as he does not seem to want to save your life but rather use you for a human testing specimen for theories of treatments.
Dr. Mammen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1995
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUt Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pradeep P Mammen in this video.
Dr. Pradeep P Mammen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.