Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pradeep S Sharma has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Pradeep S Sharma has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Weight Loss
- Chest Pain (Angina)
Dr. Pradeep S Sharma has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I am a fairly understanding person, so when I had to wait an hour to be seen, I said okay, I'm a walk-in--i get it. Once I finally did get into the examining room (#1 of 2), the nurse practitioner had an office phone in the sink, which she answered every 30 seconds for our entire 5 minute consultation, which guaranteed no chance of a coherent conversation and me having to repeat and re-explain myself at least 5 times. When I asked if it was normal practice to take phone calls while with patients, she responded "Well, if I don't, we won't ever get out of here when we close." When it's time to see the doctor, she takes me from examination room #1 to a new room down the hall, where the doctor is waiting, and here's the shocker: he's got a phone in his room too, which he also answers all throughout our visit--and of course, asked me if I had pets at least 3 times because he kept forgetting. I'm sure the phone calls were way more important than a paying customer. When it's time to leave, I find out my insurance doesn't cover the visit until I hit a deductible--once again, I understand that's not their fault, so I ask them to bill my insurance and I'll pay through them. They refuse and demand that I pay--they also have an electric lock on the door, so you can't leave until they are ready for you to leave. I'm finally fed up with it and pay. They want $100 for the visit--once again, I understand that $100 is not unreasonable for a doctor's visit. I try to pay with credit card, and guess what?! They only accept CASH. Yes, they want you to pay your entire bill in CASH. I will never be back to this ridiculous excuse for a doctor's office.
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Dr. Pradeep S Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPradeep S Sharma Md, 790 Seneca Ave Ste A, Ridgewood, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pradeep S Sharma in this video.
Dr. Pradeep S Sharma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ridgewood, NY.