Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Praful N Patel
Dr. Praful N Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, NC. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Dr. Patel has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Praful N Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Stress Testing
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 11
Have been patient of his for 15 years. He is best doctor I have ever known. He is very educated, accurate in diagnosis, but best of all he really cares about you and is very real with you, not the mostly cold fish approach you get from other docs. He takes time with you and has best follow-up approach I've ever experienced. Literally saved my life by looking ahead and anticipating problem.
Dr. Patel took care of my mom for several years. He is not only very intelligent but interacted well with my mother.She was in her eighties but that did not stop him from doing everything he could do for her . He always took time to listen to her and her concerns . I know my mom received the best care possible !
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2013, 2008, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Praful N Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWilmington Cardiology Pllc, 1415 Physicians Dr, Wilmington, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Praful N Patel in this video.
Dr. Praful N Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.