More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Prakash Desai
Dr. Prakash Desai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austell, GA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Desai is affiliated with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite, Wellstar Cobb Hospital and Wellstar Kennestone Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Prakash Desai has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 1 of 1
I have been taking my son to Dr Desai for about a year now..and Dr. Desai has always been very very nice in terms of behavior, understanding the problem, being polite and putting my child at ease. Very satisfied with my experience with him! Highly recommended. BTW he was voted as one of the best doctors in Atlanta in 2010... understandably so..
Dr. Desai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite
Wellstar Cobb Hospital
Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
Children`s at Scottish Rite
Children's at Scottish Rite
45 Years Experience
Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College
Graduated in 1968
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1664 Mulkey Rd, Austell, GA
Dr. Prakash Desai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austell, GA.