Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Prakash J Thopiah has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Prakash J Thopiah has the following 13 expertise
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 6
I've been a patient of Dr Thopiah for a long time. I was referred to him in 1993 or so because I have a fast heart beat and another problem called AV node re entry. He's always been prompt, polite, and explains everything in detail and gives me plenty of time to ask questions. I never have any problems getting an appointment, and I have never had to wait to be seen. Its obvious he enjoys being a physician and he is an excellent teacher.
Dr. Thopiah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Prakash J Thopiah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrakash Thopiah Md, 410 E University Ave Ste 101, Champaign, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Prakash J Thopiah in this video.
Dr. Prakash J Thopiah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Champaign, IL.