Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pranav H Parikh has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Diabetes Complications
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Completed ADR forms without talking to patient. Filled in the sections direction what type of lifesaving care the patient wanted without talking to the patient. Took weeks and multiple calls to try to get him to complete patient paperwork. Was rude when I called to talk to him about it. Returned many forms completely not filled out. Took an in person visit to badger the office into completing the forms. Dx elder patient w dementia and did not refer for additional care The assisted living facility where we moved our parents told us that he was the most unprofessional doctor they had ever dealt with. Staff was pretty accommodating and nice. Its obvious the problem is the doctor.
My husband and I both see Dr. Parikh. He has been our physician since joining the group. He is thorough, takes the time to listen, orders appropriate test, makes referrals as needed. He has on occasion when we've phoned into the office with a concern, immediately come to the phone to discuss our issue.
pranav parikh has been my primary care physician for about 7 years. once establishing myself as a patient, i have not had a problem obtaining an appointment to see him for illness or "well care." i've never had a wait of longer than 5 minutes to see him at his office. he is a very caring physician and always gives me the time i need to explain a problem. he's ordered appropriate tests and made good referrals to specialists when needed. i've even received a follow up phone call from him on occasion, which i find is rare today. he treats me as a person rather than as an anonymous body, which has happened too often to me in the past. as i have multiple medical "issues," i see him as the coordinator of my health care. i am very pleased with the care he provides and have recommended him to family.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Pranav H Parikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSentara Family Medicine Physicians, 400 Sentara Cir Ste 450, Williamsburg, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pranav H Parikh in this video.
Dr. Pranav H Parikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Williamsburg, VA.