Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Prasanta C Chandra has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Genital Warts
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Premature Labor
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Pregnancy Complications
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Showing 5 of 34
The office staff was very down to earth and I felt they were happy to take care of me. I waited about 20 minutes before the nurse came to get me. It was awesome that each employee introduced themselves as I went through the appointment. Dr. Chandra impressed me with his knowledge and I had an accurate diagnosis in a short time. The medication he prescribed had me feeling better by the next morning. I was happy with the overall experience.
In 2013 after yrs of having issues and discomfort without knowing why I decided to find a new gyn. I was recommended by a friend, this was the best recommendation I recieved at that time. Within 1 visit he found exactly what my issue was and wasted no time to schedule surgery. He took very good care of me then and never had any issues since, my periods since have been normal and regular without pain. Recently I contacted him with a concern on a new finding which has me scared, he took so much time to sit listen exam thoroughly and spoke with me not just as my doctor but as one person to another. As scared and worried as I am until I get my final results back, I hear his voice talking to me easing me and reminding me there is more to life and to try and not worry and just live life. Thank you Dr. Chandra for always making me feel comfortable with you and feeling so at ease to ask you anything. Ps. You have awesome dance moves just watched your youtube videos.
Good dr but the wait time is horrible
You could not ask for a more experienced caring physician. Wait times can be lengthy but this often because of deliveries. For those who complain about this, it is quite common in almost all solo practices. If you were pregnant wouldn't you appreciate that he actually was there for a delivery and doesn't just leave when his shift is over? My whole family goes to his practice, he delivered myself and my siblings and I think it's so nice I get to have him there to deliver my child. He takes the time to listen to each patient that walks through his door, not only about medical concerns but he is concerned with your overall health and well being. He really is an amazing Doctor!
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Prasanta C Chandra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Prasanta C Chandra in this video.
Dr. Prasanta C Chandra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sewell, NJ.