Dr. Prashant Malhotra Is this you?

2 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Prashant Malhotra?

I would like to state first that am an infectious disease doctor with over 40 years in practice ( not just 9) myself. I have to say I am embarrassed that he is my colleague with the tone of voice he spoke with me today. I called his office as his staff directed that I page him instead of leaving a message...again, they asked me to page him directly and proceeded to give me his pager number without me asking. When I did page him, he became agitated and annoyed that I had paged him about my problems (problems that I had in the past twice missed by previous doctors and therefore I became septic and had an extended stay hospital visit) I was having. He rudely asked why I paged him, and that he will not respond the next time I page him (first time paging him). I have not dealt with him long enough to assess his knowledge, however, by his doctor patient interaction I can assume it is not what patient care is about. As a physician, I understand time is of essence, however, it is not an excuse to be rude. Fortunately, my time is very limited with him and I am eager to find much better care else where. Not recommended.

Type 2 Diabetes