Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Prashant V Nadkarni has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Prashant V Nadkarni has the following 15 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
Dr. Prashant V Nadkarni has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Prashant V Nadkarni is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 9
Dr. Nadkarni successfully diagnosed my pituitary disorder after several other doctors, including a reproductive endocrinologist at U of Penn, had failed to diagnose me. Now, after five years under Dr. Nadkarni's care, he is just as thorough, responsive, and attentive as he was at my first visit with him. Dr. Nadkarni's office staff is kind and helpful. I've experienced a few emergency situations in the past five years, and his staff always gets me in for an appointment ASAP. The Geisinger Wyoming Valley system is easy to deal with, efficient in billing, and the facilities are clean, comfortable, and modern.
Dr. Nadkarni is a good doctor who is up to date with new drugs and procedures and I feel comfortable having him as my doctor. Medical and office staff are efficient and courteous, but calling the 800 number at Geisinger is a pain, feels generic, does not schedule any further out than 4 months, so when you call to get an appt in a month or so, you are stuck. They need help with that. I'd rather deal with the office staff to make my appt 6 months out like the doctor wants. But I do recommend this doctor and I feel he has my best interest and health at heart.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
University Of Malaya
Graduated in 1988
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Prashant V Nadkarni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoslin Diabetes Center, 3229 E Genesee St, Syracuse, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Prashant V Nadkarni, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Syracuse, NY, in this video.
Dr. Prashant V Nadkarni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.