Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Prasuna Jami has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Prasuna Jami has the following 13 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Prasuna Jami has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 55
She misdiagnosed me. Never treated me for my actual problems. Was rude to me, had me in my biopsy when she was the one who said I needed it. She knew I was unable to lay flat due to back issues. She always had different staff after watching her be rude to them & how she treats them & staff I can't blame them or patients not to comeback.
Dr. Jami was uniformly rude and condescending to me. She was totally unable to respond to any question from me that she interpreted as being critical or challenging. She repeatedly stated that I was her "worst" patient even though I was compliant. She insisted that I must return to her office monthly for lab work in order for her to prescribe medication and she refused to fill out paperwork that my insurance company needed in order to pay to fill my prescriptions. My subsequent doctor does not think that is necessary to do lab work monthly.. She had an extremely high turnover in office staff and I often heard her be rude to her staff. I would NOT recommend her to others.
31 Years Experience
Shri Ramachandra Bhanj Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Mercy Catheterization Medical Center
Dr. Prasuna Jami accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCharleston Diabetes & Endocrine Consultants Pllc, 3100 Maccorkle Ave SE Ste 810, Charleston, WV
Dr. Prasuna Jami is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, WV.