Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pratheep Arora
Dr. Pratheep Arora, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Colorado Springs, CO. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Nephrology and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Arora is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Central, Centura Hlth/Penrose St Francis Health Services and Centura Health / St Francis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Pratheep Arora has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
I have been a patient of Dr. Arora for approximately 12 years and always respected him for his dedication and caring. However, something has happened. I tried to get him to talk with me for over 3 months and he would not. He said he would call but never did. I walked into his waiting room and there was standing room. Once again he said he would call and, once again, he did not. Maybe he is over extended and over worked and doesn't have time for his patients as he did in the past. My husband and I have since changed doctors since it doesn't do anyone any good if your physician lies to you.
Very kind and caring. I have the "white coat syndrome" but visiting Dr. Arora or Leslie Ferguson has helped me feel at ease and not so anxious about my visits
Dr. Arora is a very caring doctor with a friendly personality. He is extremely knowledgeable and never too busy to listen to my problems. While hospitalized he visited me every day and supervised my treatments. His staff is always friendly and I never have a problem getting an appointment. Thank you Summit Medical Center!
Dr. Arora is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Centura Hlth/Penrose St Francis Health Services
Centura Health / St Francis Medical Center
Centura Health Penrose Community
27 Years Experience
Maulana Azad Medical College
Graduated in 1990
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. Pratheep Arora accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSummit Medical Clinic PC, 1380 E Fillmore St, Colorado Springs, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Pratheep Arora in this video.
Dr. Pratheep Arora is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.