Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Pratibha K Desai
Dr. Pratibha K Desai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Petersburg, FL, with another office in Largo, FL. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology. Dr. Desai is affiliated with St Anthony's Hospital, St Petersburg General Hospital and Bayfront Medical Center. Dr. Desai has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Pratibha K Desai has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Pratibha K Desai has the following 17 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Lung Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Disorders
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Cancerous Tumor
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. Pratibha K Desai has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Pratibha K Desai is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I have been seeing Dr. Desai for my lung cancer and she is so caring whenever I see her. She is a compassionate doctor. She will listen to your concerns and explain each step she is taking to help fight your disease. I would recommend Dr Desai to anyone fighting this or any ugly cancer. Thank you Dr. Desai, you are my hope and strength.
She is a relatively good doctor but she doesn't follow up as she states she will. Impossible to get a call back...my primary and I left several messages regarding an important issue she stated she was calling the radiologist to follow up. No word, no response...I switched doctors...my health is too important!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Desai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Mumbai
Graduated in 1985
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Pratibha K Desai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Pratibha K Desai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.