More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pratibha Joshi has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
She was attending my father. He came because he was having shortness of breath and the nursing home wanted the ER to evaluate a serious wound that thought and I knew was infected. she refuse to look at it gave three breath treatments and was goin to send him back to the nursing home with a BP 88/33. After the family through a fit a requested that she send him to another hospital she admitted him with in hours he was in ICU with CHF and he was septic. he had strep in his blood from the wound on his leg that he had had for almost a year and they kept saying it was improving after seeing him every two weeks since forever. This is the second time he has been in the hospital for that leg. Because they will not listen to his family. I have power of attorney for any and all issues partaining to his health care. I am responsibly for over seeing his health care. The last time he was in the hospital for the leg he went to ER and because he was fat they would not get him in the bed. she did all she thought she was responsible for and sent in back to the nursing home a few days later he was back this time on an inpatient with a serious infection do to cellulitis we try to tell them and no one would list.
Dr. Joshi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Salem
48 Years Experience
Seth G.S. Medical College
Graduated in 1965
Dr. Pratibha Joshi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1970 Roanoke Blvd, Salem, VA
Dr. Pratibha Joshi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, VA.