Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Pratima D Parikh has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Pratima D Parikh has the following 54 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Intestinal Diseases
- Stomach Diseases
- Adolescent Medicine
- Anxiety Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Birth Control
- Nutritional Support
- Lyme Disease
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Seizure Disorders
- Sprains and Strains
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Peptic Ulcer
- Urinary Retention
Showing 5 of 13
Most selfish doctor ever seen... doesent care about patients... if i could give no stars i would... if you go to her be prepared to be mis diagnosed and be frustrated with her methods and additude... can get quick visit and does hound you to come back cause dont see why someone would see her on a regular...
(my visit) Extremely Bi-polar does not know how to interact with patients nor staff. refuses to listen to patients and talks down on them, and is not ashamed to do it in-front the patient or others! However, little does she know I am a Doctor and I was in complete shock. ( patient bill of rights and ethics are things we learn in our first years on medical school, seems like she never took heed to them) I think she can be a nice person; however, its buried deep under her narcissism and grandiose.
I went to see Dr. Parikh several times after leaving pain management. She never had no idea who I was, but not only that, would scream at me. WHen I would try to explain why I started to go there & why I was the meds I was previously on , that she continued....she told me she never wrote me any prescriptions, (which she did), & screamed at me, belittled me, & threatened to throw me out of her office....after I waited about 3 hours for her to arrive. Horrible, uncaring, doctor who will have no idea who you are after you seen her,..even if you went once a month for a year. Stay away, she is one vicious doctor who cares more about anything else than her patients. HORRIBLE.
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Pratima D Parikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPratima D Parikh Md, 15 E Taunton Ave, Berlin, NJ
Dr. Pratima D Parikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berlin, NJ.