Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Prayuk A Waran has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Birth Control
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
Dr. Waran is a wonderful surgeon. He performed my hysterectomy using the DaVinci method. He described the procedure at my initial appointment and was very patient with my questions. My surgery went perfectly. Dr. Waran checked on me a couple of times in recovery and while I was in my room that day and of course upon discharge. My recovery was very fast and he was very thorough at my follow-up appointment. I went to Dr. Waran after being referred by my supervisor. I had been going to another OB/GYN for over a year because I had cysts every month that were very painful. I had asked about surgery and was told since they were absorbed there was nothing to worry about. Dr. Waran recommended surgery and I cried in relief in front of him. After surgery it was discovered that I had pre-cancerous cells on my ovaries. Thank God for Dr. Waran, I think he saved my life. I like that his office has early hours.
I had to have hysterectomy because of bleeding and very large fibroids. He took time to discuss my problems and reassured me that he could do it with the robot as I did not want a big incision. Finally I had enough courage and had robotic surgery and was back to work in 2 weeks!I recommend him to anyone!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2016, 2011, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Waran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Nyu Downtown Hospital
Dr. Prayuk A Waran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFranciscan Physician Network Broadway Health Center, 9470 Broadway, Crown Point, IN
Dr. Prayuk A Waran is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Crown Point, IN.