Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Preetham Suresh
Preetham Suresh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with other offices in La Jolla, CA and San Diego, CA . He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Preetham Suresh is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, Va San Diego Healthcare System and UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest.
Preetham Suresh has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Obstetric Anesthesia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Suresh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Va San Diego Healthcare System
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UCSD Med Center Hillcrest
Promise Hospital San Diego
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
15 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Preetham Suresh accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Preetham Suresh in this video.
Preetham Suresh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.