Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Preethi Kumar has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Preethi Kumar has the following 5 expertise
Showing 1 of 1
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
- Bangalore Medical College
Crozer Chester Medical Center
Dr. Preethi Kumar accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Preethi Kumar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.