Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Preethi P Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Herniated Disc
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Tennis Elbow
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Neck Pain
- Neurogenic Arthropathy
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Disorders
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Back Pain
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Showing 5 of 8
The worst doctor ever. Didnt introduce herself, nor apologize for making us wait an hour. Has worst bedside manner, poor knowledge base and refused to listen to history. Then yelled at me and threatened me that if i didnt do what she said, i would be condemned to suffer. I would give her negative 10 stars if system allowed. She is very detrimental to health and healing
Dr. Thomas is extremely knowledgeable. I do trust that her treatment for me has successfully maintained my Lupus. With that being said though, Dr. Thomas is often rude and needs to work on her "bedside manner". As a doctor she is phenomenal, but I find that I don't care for the way that she communicates with me. I have been with her for about four years now, but am debating whether or not I will switch to another doctor to treat my Lupus.
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Preethi P Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPenn Medicine Radnor, 250 King of Prussia Rd, Radnor, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Preethi P Thomas in this video.
Dr. Preethi P Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Radnor, PA.