Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Prem K Chandran MD
Dr. Prem K Chandran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Des Moines, IA, with other offices in West Des Moines, IA and Creston, IA . He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chandran is affiliated with Skiff Medical Center, Mercy Medical Center and Greater Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Prem K Chandran has 3 locations
6800 Lake Dr Ste 185
West Des Moines, IA 50266
1700 W Townline St Ste 2B
Creston, IA 50801
Book Online Now
Dr. Prem K Chandran has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Prem K Chandran has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
Showing 3 of 3
Easy to get a long with.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Prem K Chandran - Posted on April 27th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Prem K Chandran - Posted on April 6th, 2016
great caring doctor!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Prem K Chandran - Posted on August 7th, 2012
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Chandran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Prem K Chandran Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Prem K Chandran, MD - Nephrology in Des Moines, IA, in this video.
Dr. Prem K Chandran is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.