Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Premal H Thaker has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Neoplasm)
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Hot Flashes
- Cervical Tumor (Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia, CIN)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
She asked me twice why I was there! She was upset that my doctor sent me there without running CA125. I have nothing to do with that! Really felt like I wasn't worth the time she had to take to come into the room. Would not look at my scans just said they would review them. Left her office feeling very confused and helpless. I had been told by 3 different doctors that I have a solid mass on my ovaries and she would only say I think it's a cyst you probably get them every month. I'll check in 3 weeks.
I simply love Dr. Thaker and not just because she saved my life. I've been her patient for 2.5 years now, a 2.5 year survivor of ovarian cancer. She is always pleasant, forthcoming with information and I can ask her anything. She is thrilled with each annual visit I make and no cancer recurs. She's as excited as I am. She inspires me to treat my body better, to strive for better health. I hope she's able to be with me all the way to my 5 year anniversary!
I was so impressed with Dr. Thaker on my first visit. I was scared knowing I had cancer, but not knowing what would happen from this point. She showed me so much compassion, she sat with me till I was ok and understood what was in store for me. Dr.Thaker is an outstanding surgeon! She did my surgery and I was very pleased with the out come. I feel so grateful to have been recommended to see her for my Ovarian Cancer Journey. I was diagnosed with stage 4 back in 2009, I am currently on my 4th round of chemo with Dr. Thaker, she has taken such great care of me!!! You don't take this Journey alone, your family, friends and most important your Dr. is apart of it. I am so Grateful that I have Dr. Thaker with me to help me through it!The Missouri, St. Louis area is very fortunate to have such a talented and Compassionate Doctor.
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Premal H Thaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWashington Univ-Medical School, 660 S Euclid Ave, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Premal H Thaker in this video.
Dr. Premal H Thaker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.