- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Preston A Jones Jr MD
Dr. Preston A Jones Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, SC. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Preston A Jones Jr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Preston A Jones Jr has the following 8 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Dr. Preston A Jones Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Jones has a great bed side manner!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Self-verified patient of Dr. Preston A Jones Jr - Posted on July 3rd, 2018
I had some issues going on and I was referred to Dr. Jones for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I was a frantic new patient. I had a million questions. I was scared, nervous and worried. I had all sorts of weird symptoms that I wanted to tell him just in case he needed to connect the dots later. I didn’t know if they were even related to my issue he was addressing or not. I just needed him to know because I didn’t want him to have any surprises during the procedure and I wanted him know everything because I am scared. Dr. Jones put my mind at ease almost instantly. He has a warm approach that was very comforting. He sat down. He genuinely listened. He answered all of my questions. He explained everything to me. He was so nice. He never rushed me. He really seemed to enjoy what he does. I walked in a basket case and left with feeling that I was in good hands. The day of the procedure, he was on time, he greeted me before hand, he asked me if I had any questions or concerns before he started the procedure. He was very patient. He looked rested and ready. The procedure was completed with no complications or complaints. He explained the results to me without rushing. He followed up with me the next day by phone. He called, not a nurse. He was fabulous. He has an EXCELLENT BED SIDE MANNER. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
18 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Preston A Jones Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES, 200 Patewood Dr Ste B200, Greenville, SC
Dr. Preston A Jones Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, SC.