3.9

Have you seen Dr. Preston J Phillips?

Responding to Post dated May 15, 2014

Totally disagree to all the comments listed in that post. I had a knee arthroscopy back in 2005, and was researching to determine if Dr. Phillip was still practicing... and am glad that he is, because I may need similar surgery in the other knee! Not only did Dr Phillip operate on one knee, but also freed me from a year-long pain in it and its associating pain in my lower back. Secondly, not only was he patient to listen to my lengthy introduction of my professional and athletic lifestyle (in order to determine if an old injury may have occurred), but also did so pleasantly while extending all professional courtesy. And finally, not only is he successful and humble, but also honest and honorable ... for while I had pain in both knees, Dr. Phillip knew that the pain in the then healthier knee was mainly due to my unbalanced walking even though the healthier knee shows some "wear" --but not enough to cause pain and warrant an operation; to postpone making a decision about the healthier knee after the recovery period of the more injured knee, because the pain may simply subside for 10 to 15 years. This is Year 14, and not till TODAY I started to feel some pain in the knee WHICH WAS LEFT ALONE while the one which was operated on continues to be PAIN FREE! Lord, Dear Lord: We ask you to continue blessing our communities with your caring servants, to bestow your knowledge on them to help those who are in need for it, and to help us speak kindly about each other as if we are speaking to you!

Completely satisfied

I was totally pleased with Dr. Phillips. I had Scoliosis. He fused my spine from S1 to T9, I believe. Can't remember offhand. However, I feel like he gave me my life back. I am not totally pain free yet and may never be but I am so much better and my back is straight. I had a good connection with him from the beginning. I was in the hospital longer than expected but it was due to constipation. My healing took longer than expected also but my bones were just slow to heal. I had surgery 9 mo ago and so far am very pleased.

He was very thorough in explaining everything to me and I'm confident he can help me out. He's the first doctor who actually listened to me and he cared about my pain. I didn't even want to go because I had been so discouraged by other doctors and he gave me hope that my back could get better. He is most likely going to operate in the coming months and I wouldn't want anyone else to do it. If you need a doctor who listens and cares he's the guy to visit.

Stopped my problem

He was able to stop my acute problem, but more problems ensued. It is terrible after just three years since the surgery. I would not recommend any orthopedic surgeon. You need a neurosurgeon who understand the dynamics of pain, not just the structural elements of bones.

The best doctor that I have ever had. You may have to wait a bit longer to see him, but it is well worth the time spent. I feel that he listened to me closely and help find real solutions to my problems. I have been to 5 other doctors that spent less than five minutes with me. That was not the case with this doctor. I got help here!

Dr. Phillips is a wonderful caring doctor. Sometimes I may have to wait longer than I would like but the one on one attention I receive and his bed side manners is impeccable.

Arrogant & inept was my experience. .. Surgery was a disaster. .. and follow up was only about saving his reputation. .

Excellent treatment.

Who is inportant and who came first the doctor or the patient?

It seems that he does not mind having patient set or lay in pain and wait for him, or less than a day before your appt. calls you and delays it 2 months. care giver ? he seems to forget who the patient is and bedside manner could use work.

Extensive spine surgery

We looked at these review previous to my mom's surgery and hesitated briefly because of some of the negativity here. We decided to go ahead with our initial visit to see for ourselves if this was a person we wanted to trust with Mom's spine. From the first time I spoke with him I knew he was the one we were meant to see. My Mom is 75 and her lumbar region was a mess! Dr Phillips performed a 7 hour surgery and performed a miracle! We are now 5 weeks post-op and she feels better than she has in years. I would highly recommend this doctor to my family or friends, and if I ever need spine surgery he is the one I will see. The wait time in his office was often long, but he was worth the wait. He is VERY thorough and meticulous which takes time, but I sure wouldn't want someone rushing me through when deciding how to proceed with my spine!

Neck surgery X 2

Dr. Phillips did my neck 3 years ago. I have had no other problems, and am feeling very well. I highly recommend Dr. Phillips, but the office staff is terrible. Peter Duncanson was my P.A., and he was great too. So, if you can get past the hateful office staff, and long wait, Dr Phillips is worth the wait. He will tell you the truth straight away. If you are sensitive about your weight, ....lose it. I would not hesitate to let him cut me again.

This man is a jerk!!!! I was at this appointment for over 3hrs the so called DR. Spent about 10mins with me. He wouldn't let me talk.... He talked down to me like I was stupid or a child.... and anything I had to say to him about what my Drs. Had said. He didn't want to hear..... this man needs to get a new profession..... please tske my advice, don't waste your time on this jerk!!!!

Dr. Preston J Phillips is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.